It's a Sconce, it's Civic Architecture, it's a Dessert Topping.

I work a lot in Revit. Revit, for those who don't know, is a parametric building information modeling engine. It is used to design and document buildings, mostly for large scale projects with many repetative elements. However, it can be used to design just about anything, furniture, landscapes, dinosaurs. Mostly, the only limit to it is whatever the pain threshold is of the user.

I recently finished printing this thing, which I think is a wall sconce,

but may be a new London city hall.

In any case, I thought it might be interesting to show how it was made, so the next few post will cover the workflow to get to this form.

Comments

  1. ...what is this thing you call "to design and document buildings"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was an excellent blog, that information has been very helpful in my life, I am a desserts lover, so I really enjoyed this reading, this weekend I want to do one! Thanks for this great moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://vihart.com/blog/spongebob/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing quite so fancy, just a diagrid with an asymmetrical panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi This is unbelievable helpful for Revit user and people whoe want to adjoin Rhino and Revit.
    Thanks for increasing reader's knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment